Research & Development Tribo Development Engineer (Engineer I/II /Senior Engineer)
Place of work: 2 Pioneer Cres, Singapore 628553. Map
Summarize reliability testing results and correlate with head/media design data. Improve current reliability tests to meet customers' new requirement. Develop new setups and new methodology for head media interference reliability tests. Perform failure analysis on post-tested head and media.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONDSIBILITIES
- Supervise and lead a team of Engineering Assistant and Technicians.
- Compile testing results to report to R&D team.
- Understand the relationship between reliability tests and head/media design.
- Find the root cause in test failure with the help from internal material science lab.
- Improve current test methodology to meet customers' new requirement and transfer it to Engineering Assistants.
- Develop new setups and new methodology to test head media interference reliability and transfer it to Engineering Assistants.
- Co-ordinate with other Showa sites to facilitate engineering knowledge exchange.
- Ensure compliance to ISO Standard Operating Procedures.
- Any other duties as assigned by immediate Supervisor or Manager.
Bachelor of Engineering Degree in Mechnical, Chemical, Materials or Electrical Engineering or higher
Relevant working experience is strongly desired.
Skills Required (Must Have)
Knowledge on physics and chemistry of material interface, and basic material evaluation technique.
Skills Required (Good to Have)
- Understanding of HDD structures will be an advantage
- Experience on test equipment trouble shooting and set up is desired
- Knowledge on Matlab, labview, python programing are desired
Able to accept cleanroom environment
You can drop us your resume by email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org